Africans drink their fair share of tea, and they have their own recipes as well.
Here is a recipe for Rwanda African ginger tea.
- 2 Teaspoons of black tea, but Ceylon is a reasonable choice.
- 1 Teaspoon of grated fresh ginger root.
- 3 Teaspoons sugar.
- 1 Cup of milk.
- 1 Cup of water
- Add 1 cup of water to your pan and heat the water until it comes to a boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons black tea and 1 teaspoon of ginger root.
- Lower the heat and lightly simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add 3 teaspoons sugar and 1 cup of milk.
- Strain tea and serve.