Hong Kong lemon tea is a popular drink in Hong Kong.
If you want to purchase it in a Hong Kong cafe, you can ask for ‘Dong Ling Cha’, which translates to ‘Iced Lemon Tea’.
This recipe is quite simple and easy to prepare.
- Black Tea
- Sugar Syrup
- 3 Lemon Slices
- Ice Cubes
How to Prepare Hong Kong Lemon Iced Tea
- Brew the black tea to your preference over a burner, but I would recommend that you brew it a little stronger than you normally would, because the ice will slightly dilute the tea.
- If you used loose-leaf tea, then you can filter the leaves out of your tea. If you used a tea bag, then you could likely skip this step.
- Place the tea in the fridge to chill it.
- Prepare a tall iced tea glass with the ice cubes, sugar syrup, and lemon slices.
- Pour the black tea into the glass.
- Use either a cocktail stick or a spoon to muddle the lemon slices into the tea.