A basic recipe for a matcha tea latte.
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 Teaspoon of matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 Cup of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1-2 Teaspoons of sweetener (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil and let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the matcha powder and a small amount of the water to create a smooth paste.
- In a separate small saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until it is steaming but not boiling.
- Pour the remaining water into a mug and add the matcha paste. Stir until well combined.
- Add the steamed milk to the mug and stir well.
- If desired, add sweetener to taste and stir again.
Note: If you want a frothy latte, you can use an electric frother or whisk to froth the milk before adding it to the mug.
The featured image at the beginning of this post is from Dungthuyvunguyen of PixaBay.